Sunday, November 30, 2008

Home and all is well!


Yesterday was our first full day as a new family and things went wonderful. The kids are all totally consumed with Teddy and he is LOVING all the attention. We are all so in love. It is so fun to have him around. Yesterday was better then any Christmas I have ever known. He is feeling so much better now too which helps.

He is such a smart little boy. He is learning and adapting so well. He speaks a lot more English now and is totally understandable.

We are enjoying a weekend of bliss before we have to go back to real life and he has to go to all the dr. appointments to get him cleaned up. I am most worried about what they will do with his teeth. I think there are only around 3 or 4 total that are not totally rotten. He is soooo young to pull them all as his adult teeth won't be in for years. But I am not sure that they will do 14 root canals on a 2 year old. Poor guy.

Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. We are all on cloud 9 and loving our honeymoon period.

Kelly

2 comments:

Andrea Hill said...

Welcome home!! Glad that your Teddy fits in so well. Sorry to hear about his teeth. I have heard that my Hiwot has rotten teeth also but she is a little older.

~Our Family~ said...

Kelly.. I'm so glad that you got to come home with Teddy.. I bet you are so relieved.. I bet he just loves his new family.... I'm glad that you had a safe trip to and from Ethopia.. Many blessings your way...