Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Day 6: Teddy at the Ritmo














Pictures: Teddy with caregivers at orphanage, Teddy leaving the orphanage with new family, Bottle in the car on the way to the guest house, Tubby time!, Playing at the Ritmo

We picked up Teddy this morning. The nuns were so adorable with him. All wanted their picture taken and I promised I would email them when I return to the states. It seemed that they were all inventing ways to delay our departure. One of the nuns kept asking me to bring him back before I left. I didnʼt make any promises, we will see.

I have gotten pictures of most of the kids requested at KM. At AHOPE I got very, very few pictures. The first time we went everyone was at school. Today, all the big kids went on a fun run for HIV awareness, pretty cool. But John, who is also here at the Ritmo, got lots of pictures at AHOPE so I hope that he has enough to satisfy all the hopeful parents. PS Sage, I never got to see Frazier because she was at school but John was saying that she is the most adorable little girl, has the spunkiest spirit and is a great dancer. He said whoever adopts her is very lucky. It was fun to tell him that she has a family and we are friends.

Teddy has been doing great here at the Ritmo. He didnʼt really like us at all this morning but once we got to the guest house he was smiley and followed us all around. He endured the torture of getting shaved (due to lice), getting bathed and smeared with scabies medications better than expected thanks to Baby Einstein. This kid loves TV and is totally entranced by it. That will really help on the plane. He has a good appetite and likes almost anything. His two front teeth are chipped and rotten making it impossible for him to use them so he has to bite things off with his back teeth. He will probably have to have them pulled. He breathing is still really labored and he is coughing due to the pneumonia so I am anxious to get him home. But he is happy, snuggly, funny, stubborn and cute as a teddy bear.

We got good news about our case this morning. I am getting really hopeful that we will be able to leave on Thanksgiving. Kevin keeps yelling at me not to get my hopes up but I think it is too late. Kevin is leaving tonight for the US and will be there Monday night.

To my kids: You are going to really love your new brother once he gets used to being home (which may take a little while). I think we got the best little boy in all of Ethiopia. I love and miss you!! It was really nice talking to you this morning. Thank you Rhonda for doing an incredible job.

Kelly

No comments: