Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Special Ed Battles!!


Can I just say that I am soooooo sick and tired of fighting with the schools to get my kids the services they need?! Everytime need kids need anything (even things completely guarenteed in their IEP's) I have to fight tooth and nail to get them.

The latest is that it was agreed by the entire team at the end of 1st term that Zachary should be moved into Resource 3 hours a day. Now 2nd term has completed and it still has not happened. AAAAAHHH. I am having to call ANOTHER IEP meeting for this kid (4th one in 2 years) so it can be added and give me the leverage I need so he can finally get what they already agreed to give him.

I can't get the school to give Clarissa the joy stick practice she needs on the computer (so she can get ready for a power wheelchair) or the correct sippy cup (even though I have supplied them with three), or a proper chair, nor can I get the daily notes home I have requested. I complain, throw fits, get the district involved, but still I have to fight more.

Sorry, I am just way grumpy tonight about the whole thing. Add to that, Zachary got beat up in school today. If I didn't have such a terrible time with homework, I would be homeschooling by now. I just don't have the patience or endurance to pull it off.

On a happy note, my book is coming along! I have someone coming tonight to edit what I have so far. I am scared that she will say, "Give up now lady. You suck." But even if she does, I think I will finish it anyway. I really think it will be a good gift for my children one day. Being a best seller would not hurt my feelings either :).

1 comment:

Laura said...

Kelli try http://www.utahparentcenter.org/
They are great I try to inform all my parents about them.
Laura