Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What can you buy for $1200 these days?

What can you buy for $1200 these days? Well I found out today!

4 root canals
5 caps
4 pulled teeth
tons and tons of sutures

Poor Teddy! We did his oral surgery today and this is what he had done. Our portion of the bill was $1200. The poor kid lost his 4 front top teeth and had tons of work done on the other teeth. The orphanage props bottles to get babies to sleep and it destroyed his teeth. He is only 2 so it will be YEARS until they grow back in.

Kelly

4 comments:

Malachi said...

And I wisk you a Merrykissmas right back to you and your family!!!!!!!

I want you to know that I just adore Clarissa and admire you and Kevin so much. You be good people!!

Steven Fisher
The bus driver

Jenn said...

Poor guy. That sounds like an awful day. I hope he is doing okay.

Logan said...

Oh man! That's horrible. You should have got at least 7 root canals for that price! You got hosed. I hope at least they gave you two tooth brushes and a ton of stickers as you left. Too bad about his teeth too.

Positively Orphaned said...

Poor little guy - must have been so painful. Congratulations on little Tedesse. He is absolutely beautiful and I'm so happy for your family. I'll be following along your blog and I hope for a very smooth transition. Happy New Year!