Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hurricanes and Floods

New Orleans got lucky this year, thank goodness. Unfortunately, Haiti did not. It seems that the poor people of Haiti cannot get a break! Please pray for my children's homeland. Every time they rebuild, more water comes to knock them down. I pray that all of my children's birth parents are ok. I pray that they are safe and that they know their children are too. Again, and again, I am reminded that my trials are NOTHING. That I have been given a gifted life. That any health, monetary, family, or any other concerns that I face are so small compared to my brothers and sisters in other lands. How they remain faithful, positive and continue on every day is beyond my comprehension. I guess it is the spirit of Christ that is in all of us. I am just glad I have not been tested so.

When I look at the before and after pictures of my children I am reminded how much opportunity, food, and safety we have that allow us to grow and thrive. Their tiny, severely malnourished bodies and their severe developmental delays, quickly recover as they are given a chance. I wish all children and adults around the world could be given a chance. I wish more people could look within themselves and say, "What can I do to give others a chance?" The answers would all be different, some small, some grand, but all would make a big difference to someone.

For more on the tragedy raging right now in Haiti go to: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080908/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/haiti_floods

1 comment:

Pete and Mare said...

Hi Kelly- Haiti has had a rough year to say the least. They are in our hearts and prayers daily.

We visited about 3 weeks ago. They have been through so much and are still trucken' along.